To give the community a sense of hope and optimism by creating a broad base of community involvement in identifying, researching, and establishing dialogue on community-wide issues, and then in recommending and helping to implement timely solutions.
To provide leadership in helping develop and implement short-term and long-term goals and solutions for an improved community.
- To provide formal and informal networks for individuals to come together to share their knowledge, resources and experiences
- To periodically identify a short-term community project that can be accomplished in a 12-18 month period with meaningful results
- To provide a process where community leaders can work through problems, and participate in open discussions (conferences and seminars)
- To involve a broad range of individuals in the process, to generate dynamic, creative and catalytic leadership in addressing each critical issue and to provide "stay-in-place" solutions
- To create a shared sense of community, in that any issue must be addressed, discussed, and debated in an atmosphere of mutual fairness, respect, civility and sincerity to all others - where the highest aspiration is to serve the common good